Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving statements

I know this is a little late but hey better late than never right. Well I got home from work on Thanksgiving day and came home to a wonderful dinner prepared by my wife. Which I was THANKFUL for. And we all sat down around the table and before I let the kids really start eating I asked everyone at the table what they were THANKFUL for, well the kids gave standard answers parents, food, outdoors, etc. I then asked Paula what she was thankful for and she took me off with her answer. She said she was THANKFUL for life. I guess even in the crap we have dealt with I have still taken her life for granted. But I am definitely THANKFUL for her life and the fact I have been given the chance to be with her. I do sit here and think about what would have happened if we lived in a different era when we didn't have the technology we have today what would I do, how would I deal with it. I am THANKFUL for my wife and the technology that has saved her life, I am THANKFUL for my kids who have been generally good during this and when there is a real issue of how good they really are. I am THANKFUL for my family and the things they do that make life good.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great thing to be thankful for. I hope she is doing better.

    ReplyDelete