Friday, August 14, 2009

Thanks for the support

Well it has been a few weeks since my last post rather my last rant. Promise this one is going to be anything like that. But in case you are scared I guess you can stop reading now and never know if this another rant.

After the van broke down and we got the the $2,600 (really turned out to be $2,663) from the mechanic Paula and I decided that we would need to do something we had been talking about having a yard sale or some sort of benefit. We knew something would need to be done to help offset the costs of the medical bills so we decided on a yard sale. I started to get the word out that we were looking for stuff and through a yahoo group I belong to, work, family and friends we have a lot of stuff gathered up, we have one room in the house that is almost full of stuff and our carport is almost filled up. I have been surprised and at times almost overwhelmed at the response and support not just from friends and family but from total strangers who several of them were going to have their own little yard sale but when they heard about ours they wanted to instead give us the items they would have used. I think the other thing that has surprised me is the fact that most of the stuff we have received has been in really good shape. I have had to do a few repairs to a couple of items of for the most part everything is in really good shape.

I guess what I am getting at is that after such a terrible week a few weeks ago it has been nice to see that humanity isn't lost and there are still a lot of really good people who no matter there situation are willing to help someone else. I just want to tell everyone who has supported us in whatever manner and shape thank you. It has meant a lot to me know that I have that support that I need, even thought I knew it was there before it just brought it into a reality. I think this sort of thing is what is meant by reality check.

Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment