Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tommy D

Back to talking about the kids.

Tommy D is the only boy of an only boy of an only boy. Yeah that means there are a whole lot of women in his life. Tommy D was born on March 3, 2004 I tried to convince Paula to try and wait to have him until April 4, 2004 but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. I was excited when we found out we were having boy. I was going to turn him into my little sports machine. He was and has a been a relatively healthy baby. The only real issue we have had with him is siezure disorder. When he was 2 1/2 he began having severe siezures. It got so bad that he ended up getting hospitalized to get the siezures under control. Once his body was "loaded" with phenobarbital he began to have less frequent siezures, he was also placed on a medication called topamax, after about a year of no visible siezures the neurologist began to taper him off the phenobarbital which we were glad for, cause it caused him to go into pretty heavy depressions. It is the sadest thing when your three year old tells you that he is sorry cause he can't do anything write. He has gotten past that and we get the occasional depression, but this is more of he just is sad and needs to be held or cuddled with, so as long as we give him a little attention he is ok. Well he turns five in about a week or so and he is so excited. He is hoiping for more train stuff, he loves trains but little does he know he isn't getting more train stuff. I don;t think we have room in the house for more train stuff. He has turned into a little engineer and is great when he comes up with a new idea he gets so excited and then tries to make it happen, doesn'talways work but he goes and moves a few thigns around and gets it close to what he wanted. I have to tell you about a story that happened right after christmas we had his train stuff out and he was making one and all the sudden he came up with an idea but when he told Paula and I about it he said I have a wicked idea. He had just got the new central station which has a loading terrace well his wicked idea was to go up and over the terrace as well as through it and under it. So off he set, this one required some help so I helped him make things work. But he did most of the footprint for it. He was so excited to get it done and watch it work. Hopefully this picture copies over so that you can see his wicked idea.

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't get the picture uploaded it said it was but I couldn't see it. If you have facebook accoutn you can see there under my photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little guy is only 5 days older than mine. My Tyson was born March 8, 2004. He sounds like a typical litle boy. Mine have some pretty wild ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute story. I love my boys. They are so much easier than my girl. I take topamax for my migraines it is great stuff.

    ReplyDelete