Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why???

I am sitting here listening to my kids supposed to be cleaning. I told them last night when they got home to get there Saturday's chores done so we could have fun today and not have to worry about anything. Well in the process of this "cleaning" they decided that it would be fun to write all over each shirt's and ruin the clothes so they got in trouble, most people when they get in trouble change their behavior and get things done not mine. they didn't so they got sent to bed early. When they got up this morning at 7:30 they went and got breakfast and then were told they needed to get the chores done well it is almost one and they still haven't got it done yet. Why is that kids listen so well at school, according to teachers anyways, but they are completely the opposite at home? I have found this action to be baffling enough so that I have tried several different tactics to avoid this but to avail. I guess kids are kids and that is all there is to it.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear it isn't only my kids. We got home from a baptism this morning and I told mine we were cleaning. I got the kitchen clean and sent my boys to their room to clean it. They started fighting and came whining to me. I sent them to their room and closed the door. I told them they could work it out and get their room clean or spend the whole day in their room together. After about 30 minutes they finally came out. Amazingly the room was clean. So much for the rest of the house though. It still isn't clean. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete