Thursday, May 14, 2009

Holy Crap!!!

Where in the world does my oldest daughter get the idea that she can run away just because mom isn't letting her do what she wanted. Today Maddy had a softball game she has started to love playing it. Well because the weather was a little chilly Paula wanted the girls to wear long sleeve shirts and to have something under thier shorts so they don't get cold and so if they slide they don't get road rash. Maddy decided she didn't want to do that and wasn't going to wear the extra clothing and continued to argue with Paula about it, Paula finally got fed up with the fighting and told her she wasn't going to go to the game, Maddy then stated I am going to the game one way or the other, and she with her little brother helping her decide it would be a good idea to open the window and climb out and head to the game. I will give her some credit she got to the front of the house and turned around and climbed back in, this is when Paula caught her. How does an eight year old girl make these decisions and where does she get the ideas. Once I found out about it, I told Paula to bring her to the jail where I could talk with her. I showed her the jail a little bit and told her a small room we have with no desk, toilet, stool, nothing but a hole in the ground was where little kids went when they runaway. I then made her go to my office and write sentences for about an hour. I hope she realized that this behavior was bad and that it scares her parents. She seemed seems pretty scared after going through the jail. Any ideas for an actual punishment I could use them.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it sucks being a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a pretty creative kid. I feel bad for you when she is a teenager. Sounds like the jail should do the trick. I always just send my kids to their rooms and take away privileges. I have nothing for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think you need ideas for punishments??? I think you did ok. Would've scared me. :)

    ReplyDelete