Thursday, May 21, 2009

Proud daddy

Well today was Maddy and Nicki's third softball game they also had pictures. Yes I got them ready but no I didn't have to curl any hair or put make up thank goodness. But we show up and they are running around not really paying attention to much of anything including there coaches I was thinking oh man I just wasted another $100 bucks to put them into something they enjoyed for all of a week maybe two. So I sit in my chair as they head out on to the field to warm up, well as much as you can warm up a 7 and 8 year old. Well Maddy who I haven't seen hit gets up to bat in the first inning, thinking this was a fluke I tell her good job and sit back down. well that inning ends and they take the field nothing really gets hit towards either one of the girls but both girls were in the ready position for most of the inning hands on knees bent over waiting for the ball to be hit. well second inning comes around and Nik gets to the batters box and is waiting well the little girl in front strikes out. So they take the field again, this time both girls have an opportunity to get some action but weren't able to handle the play or it was just out of reach. any how inning ends and Nik is the first up to bat and she strikes out but instead of being upset about it she comes to the dugout which I am sitting right behind and wants her traditional high five I give it to her and tell her she did good, I also told her I could tell she wasn't watching the ball and that she can hit if she hits. That inning ended and well the next inning the girls both played a ball sorta Nik deflected an infield ball to second base and Maddy slowed a ball in the outfield. They did good. The next at bat the regular picture showed up he coaches multiple teams and had to go coach his sons game, he shows up at the beginning of the inning and what an inning that was. Both girls got base hits and were driven home. I think the team could have scored many more runs but they have a 5 run per inning rule and so when the girls hit 5 runs they just send everyone around the bases. Just watching them they seem to really have taken a liken to softball. I am not sure where it comes from but they seem to love it so much they have talked about quiting dance which surprises the heck out of me. But a decision I will leave up to them. Just seeing there faces when they hit the ball or catch a ball says it all to me and makes it worth it, I just hope they continue to enjoy playing. They made there daddy proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment