Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not alot this week

With trying to keep a weekly update I have found that this week has been relatively uneventful, so this shouldn't be to long. The only thing I can think of today was the fact we had my sons t-ball game on Tuesday, no before I start let me explain that I understand that they are still little kids and getting them to "play" is going to be difficult, but I also believe that the coaches should be in control of their team and this was not the case on Tuesday. We got there a few minutes late and so the team was out in the field which was fine the other team hit through their line-up and our team went to hit, well this is the first problem, each boy is a different height and should have the tee adjusted for such the coaches don't do that so the boys are swinging either high or low depending on how tall they are, I haven't understood why they aren't adjusting the height, I don't say anything because I already have to restrain myself from saying something due to my competitative behavior, which if you really know me isn't that much. Right. :) So I try and stay on the side lines and let the "coaches" do their job. the second thing that got me a little ruffled is during play the catcher was distracted my mom who came around the back stop and kept telling her to look her way so she could get a picture, the first time I shrugged it off as a parent not realizing the ball was in play. Well mom decides the picture must not be good enough so she does it a second time, I know the coaches see her but don't say anything. I know they see her cause the first baseman throws the ball to home plate and comes within 6 inches of hitting the camera from her hand, which would have been justice by itself and would have been awfully funny. Then I am watching the other team(s) and find that they know which base is what and when the coach says run to this base they know where to go, my sons team they wait until someone points to the base. It is these little things that have caused me to be upset and consider to pull my son from the team for this year and get him on a team with a coach I know. I understand alot of this is going to be me teaching him, which I do we play catch and even have a little system to help him practice throwing which I have brought up to several college level and higher baseball players and they think it is good. And for those of you who say if you don't like it then why don't you coach and all I can say is I can't I would be to hard on the kids and more than likely by the end of the season they wouldn't be having fun and I do realize that is more important than anything else.

There goes my short blog for the week, but I do feel better about things.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to my son having coaches like that for 3 years and we don't know a lot of people here, we have a problem still. Luckily, this year he got a really good coach that is helping him bat and catch. He also got his mom's coordination issues to add to the bad coaches.

    ReplyDelete