Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's

Well I was sitting there today contemplating about my mom, my wife, and other mothers and all the awesome stuff they do, I thought mom's rock.

I first thought about how I grew up and the wonderful and great things my taught me as I got older. I remember growing up and thinking why are you making me do this or that I don't do that that is mom chores or I won;t need to do that till later. Boy how our mothers were so knowledgeable and knew exactly what we needed to be successful in life. I also had time to reflect on the fact that I have been very lucky to have my mom, and have had her for so many years. With the issues we have had over the past year and have seen to many mom's in bad shape. I can't imagine what life would be or how it would be not to have my mom. My mom is the foundation of my family she was always there taking care of all the small stupid stuff of life that no one wants to deal with, she did them. I never really remember her complaining about much of anything the only thing I really remember her complaining about is when we as kids wouldn't listen and do our chores. My mom rocks and hope she realizes how much she rocks.

Now my wife, as you all know now my wife was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer June 19,2008. we have been dealing with treatments and other fun medical crap. But yesterday we had a great experience in walking in the Race for the Cure. We also learned we have a lot of awesome friends and family who have supported us. But while there I was able to all those women in pink shirts, the sanctioned ones, all those survivors and think you know breast cancer research and treatment has gone along way in the past few years. I saw these women with short or bald hair and those women are so strong. Then I see the women who are standing with the signs and under the signs and see many women who have survived for upwards of 15+ years and I think wow if they can do that without the little bit of knowledge they had then and what they have now then we can do it. I was able to realize that my wife's doctor is right we are going to have her for a very long time, yes we will always have to worry about this awful disease, but with all these wonderful events and research they will find a cure, or at least be able to treat it so it isn't as bad. I am grateful for my wife and all the crap she puts up, basically me, I love her to death and love the way she handles the kids, I have stayed home many days just me and the kids and really don't understand how she keeps her sanity cause usually by the time she is home I am ready to run away and hide, she does this day in and day out. She is an awesome mom and want to understand how awesome she is. She is our families glue, she keeps everything so that sticks together.

Mom's whether they are my mom, or my wife, or your mom they are the hero's behind life and without them things would surely fall apart.

Thank you MOMS you all rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment