Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Race for the Cure

Before last year I believed major fund raisers like this and other dieseses and illness were all good and had great intentions. I would donate to freinds because I did and do want something to be discovered it just had never hit home until this last year. It has been amazing to me the support we recieved this year and the many people who wish to support but haven't been able.

I have found myself getting excited to get this going and have found myself going a little more aggresive than I have in past things. breast cancer has become a passion for me, I have relized and seen the hurt, happiness, unity, and other emotions that it brings to families. This is not just in our lives in fact I think I have learned more from oither people watching them how the deal with things and how they get through their trials then are own. I have also realized that there are hundreds of people who have worse situtations than what I can imagine to be in my life. We have gone into Huntsman and we see famalies that are having to bring the kids and babies in because they don;t have the support base of family and freinds who are there and willing to help. I used to beleive that everyone had someone they could rely on but I have seen dozens of people who have to get treatments and are doing it by themselfs. It has amazed me over the last few months of freinds and family I haven't seen or heard from for years that have seemed more than willing to drop everything and come and help if we needed. when people say health issues bring families and freinds out it is true.

The basis of this post is just to say THANK YOU to everyone for the support and love they have shown no matter how big or small it may be it is still needed.

THANK YOU.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the race this weekend goes good for you guys. I wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete